A great candle experience begins with proper candle care and maintenance. Here are some important tips.
- As with all candles, the first burn is the most important. If the wax is not allowed to liquify or to melt from edge to edge of the jar or tumbler, it will create a “memory ring,” especially if this is the first time the candle is lit. Once a candle has this “memory ring,” it will continue to tunnel and to burn that way for the life of the candle. Burn for 2-3 hours each time you light the candle. This will help the candle burn evenly, and remember to trim wicks before each burn. Learn more about burning time here.
- Place the candle on a stable, heat-resistant surface. This will also help prevent possible heat damage to counters and table surfaces, and prevent glass containers from cracking or breaking.
- Avoid drafts, vents or air currents. This will help prevent rapid or uneven burning, sooting, and excessive dripping.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended or lit while sleeping. If you are going to leave the room or go to bed, be sure to extinguish all candles first.
- Never touch or move a burning candle. Never move a candle container when the wax is liquified.
- Don’t burn a candle all the way down. For safety measures, stop burning a candle when there is ¼ inch of wax left in the vessel.
- Never burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire. Keep burning candles away from furniture, drapes, bedding, carpets, books, paper, flammable decorations, etc.
- Keep candles out of the reach of children and pets. Do not place lit candles where they can be knocked over by children, pets or anyone else.
- Please remove any inclusions, whether large or small from candle prior to lighting.
- Be sure to trim your wicks after burning to keep flame low.
Smash Designz is NOT responsible for any damage resulting from the misuse of any of our products. Candle care and burning is the responsibility of the consumer. Please burn wisely.
Smash Designz is NOT responsible for any damage, injury, or loss of any kind due to your use of any product purchased from the company.
EVERY candle comes with a warning label attached to the bottom of each jar and printed care card.
**Your purchase from Smash Designz signifies your acceptance of this information and policies. Following all safety guidelines properly will ensure a happy & safe candle burning experience.